Agnihotra – FAQs
1. Who can perform Agnihotra?
2. Can Agnihotra be performed at home?
3. If I start Agnihotra in my house can my other family members perform it?
4. What do you do before and after Agnihotra performance?
5. Are there any tips on how to make the Agnihotra fire?
In case of homes supported with fire alarms it is suggested to perform the procedure in a more open area to avoid the smoke setting the alarm.
Keep the Agnihotra place clean and tidy. Agnihotra is method of purifying and energizing self and atmosphere. It must be performed in a clean and hygienic place.
6. Which direction should I face while performing Agnihotra?
7. Can the Agnihotra mantras be translated in to other languages?
8. What do you do with the pot and ash after Agnihotra?
9. Can Agnihotra vessel be washed?
10. What happens when Agnihotra performance is discontinued due to traveling or other reasons?
This helps in keeping the 'healing cycle' of Agnihotra unaffected. The person going out can carry a spare Agnihotra kit, so that Agnihotra can be performed at the other places local sunrise/sunset time.
11. What should be done if the oblations do not burn completely due to improper ignition?
12. What if I miss the exact time of Agnihotra?
13. At places where we can actually see the sunrise or set one finds that the timings given in the computerized chart and the actual time at which one sees the sunrise or set do not match?
14. Is it necessary to calculate the Agnihotra time in seconds?
15. Can I use any lighter fluid, kerosene and so on to light the Agnihotra Fire?
16. How long would I have to perform Agnihotra before I start seeing the results? And how long do I have to continue performing it after that?